Thursday, March 20, 2008

The First Nightmare

I have had a handful of wedding-related dreams where something goes awry, but last night, I had my first full-fledged wedding nightmare.

We forgot my dress, so I had to wear a long black dress I wore to Alamo Heights' fall version of prom (Senior Party) for my senior year. Black? Really? We also forgot my bra. Uhhh....

I forgot someone was coming to do my make-up, so I did it myself and didn't have time to wash my face for her to do it when she arrived.

I forgot to blow dry my hair in the morning and just put it up in a clip while it was wet, which is my typical low-maintenance hairdo. I failed to remember that the hairstylist said I had to come with my hair dry, unstyled, unwashed the day of and without product in my hair before the wedding. She was unhappy that it was wet. Somehow it was static-y as well. I'm not sure how that works out. Suddenly, Leigh Ann was doing my hair. Leigh Ann, do you do hair?

My mom also forgot all the bags that are currently at the foot of my bed which contain my veil, the ring bearer's pillow, my garter, the guestbook pen, and many other wedding day items.

To top it all off, John and I had a fight the night before the wedding, and I wanted to talk to him before we had the ceremony, so someone was leading me to him in the church with my eyes closed. We talked some, but I don't remember the outcome. I might have remembered it, but thank goodness the home phone rang at this point and woke me up!

1 comment:

h*dizzle said...

aww im sorry about the nightmare! i hope you have nothing but sweet dreams from now on =))